Friday, December 07, 2007



I am finally home for a good while! Upon my return home a few weeks ago it was decided to fly to Washington for Thanksgiving and my Great-Grandmother's memorial service. It was a good time of being with my Mom's side of the family.


Other than Dad getting frisked on the way there and Mom's carry-on getting searched on the way back, we had pleasantly uneventful flights. (Dad set the detector off twice because he had forgotten about is cell phone. Whoops!)


Kaylene was able to come, but almost didn't make it from Mexico in time. God worked it all out and Mom went with Jeb to pick her up from the border on Tues. before Thanksgiving and they got back on Wend. We flew out from OKC on Thanksgiving Thurs. Kaylene went from deep down in Mexico to the border of Canada in just a few days!


When I returned from Indianapolis I hit the ground running getting every body's houses cleaned before Thanksgiving and getting my piano students started up again. (BTW I have just now felt like I have recovered from sleep deprivation) Then we were off again. Now I've come back and hope to never travel again! JK ;D I'm going to eventually get my routine slowed down, Lord willing, and start keeping up with things around here. I'm getting tired of my room being messy and never being able to keep up with letters and thank you notes. I feel as though I am squishing all the important people and things in my life right out of my schedule. I think I will make an early New Years resolution. SLOW DOWN, JOLYNN! There it is. I will have to slow down now. I've promised myself. :)

Hmmm...Now I'm thinking more about New Years resolutions... I would like to:

-Spend more time in the Word of God

-spend more time preparing for piano lessons, both mine and my students'

-write more letters

-write more music

-sew and bake more

-relax more ( this seems rather odd to put near the end of a list of things to do...but, guess I do find these things relaxing)

- and ya'll probably want me to post more :D

I don't think I'll ever get bored as long as I live. Quoting someone I know, "I don't think I have enough time in my lifetime to get everything I want to do done!" -I'll leave it anonymous

I'm so very thankful that God knows what He wants me to do and that I can ask Him for guidance as to which things to do. He gives us visions, we just have to pray for discernment as to which idea we have is part of the vision. He will work it out so that we have enough time. King David had a desire to build a great temple for the Lord. (II Samuel 7:1-17) It seems like a very noble and wonderful idea, but God told David through the prophet, Nathan to wait and let his son fulfill that vision. It was not in God's plans for David. Just because something is good doesn't mean it is for just anyone to do. God has specific plans for every Christian. I feel so absolutely secure now that I have come to that realization. I used to worry about how my life would turn out. I'm still human and have my moments, but I now have the comfort of realizing that God knows and that I can trust Him no matter what.

3 comments:

Cattlemans Daughter said...

Thank you! :) Just what I needed to hear, and I do hope you post more next year as your are always encouraging! :)

See you Thursday, dear!

Authenticity said...

Hey Jolynn! Glad you're getting settled in after Indy. Looks like a great list of new year's resolutions too. Hm, thanks for those thoughts on trusting God. It's SO true, we don't have to worry about our future; God is so reliable and in control. ((hugs)) Have a wonderful December - merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting!