Thursday, November 30, 2006

Here is the post you all were promised. A little later than I planned, but here it is.
Sound Foundations Again

Children's Choir was a fun class. We were taught fun ways to teach music theory to children, especially for a choir setting. I was glad to learn ways to make music theory fun.

We also learned how to play the recorder. Here my team was presenting our Solfege project. Elizabeth was in it playing her cello, but the pics that included her didn't turn out right. Solfege is the Do Re Mi's. We came up to the front singing and signing solfege to the tune of "Wayfaring Stranger". Then we played our recorders along with Elizabeth and Olivia playing their cellos. Finally we sang the words on our way off stage. We played a fun game of Hymnal drills. It's just like Bible drills. Our teacher told us to look things up using the different indexes. "A hymn written by...", A Hymn by the name of..." and so on.

Mr. Fox had a few phone calls during class.:D He taught Conducting and Orchestration.

THe assignment from Mr. Fox was a very tough, but rewarding assignment. We were to choose a hymn and orchestrate it for 1st and 2nd flute, french horn, 1st and 2nd violin, viola, and 1st and 2nd cello. About ten of the pieces were chosen to be played by the student orchestra on concert night.

In choir we practiced several pieces for concert night.









All of our assignments called for much prayer for HELP! and studying.

All of the teachers taught us a lot and were very good to answere our questions. I would go again just to sit under their instruction again.



4 comments:

Amy said...

Nice pictures and descriptions, Jolynn!

Anonymous said...

hey it's about time jolynn. :) i understand though - considering i haven't made time to even get a blog much less update it. :)
A

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the E-mail, AMy! I plan to respod to it here in a minute.

Hey, A, you skipped Messiah practice to comment on my blog? Shame on you! :D JK! THe roads were probably too icy. I am going to E-mail you soe Messiah info at you blubottle address.
Jolynn

Anonymous said...

Well, A, your bluebottle isn't working, at least the way it is written in our address book. Would you please send an E-mail to my family's address with your preferred address? Thanks. If I don't get one soon I guess I'll just call you.
Jolynn