I am reading a very good book by Christmas Carol Kauffman called "For One Moment". This poem is from this book and it really got through to me. This poem was not written, but was copied down by a woman whose life was filled with betrayal and heartache. Her husband left her for another woman taking their two boys with him. She never saw the younger one again. The oldest was not able to come see her for many years. This son, Herbe, joined the nazi party and was gone for a few more years. Her life was full of loneliness. Her daughter was her only comfort and even she eventually married and moved away. She lived with hurt and bitterness for many years until very close to the end of her life. I won't tell any more, because you really should read it for yourself.
"It matters not if cherished friends
On whom I leaned in vain
Have wounded me by word and deed
And left me with great pain.
What matters is, can I forgive
Again and yet again?
It's not have they been true,but,
Lord, have I been true to them?
"'Twill matter not when evening comes
How rough the road I've trod
If only I have walked with Him
And led some soul to God.
For when I wake to be like Him
Who saved me by His grace
Earth's pain will vanish when I catch
One glimpse of His dear face.'"
-Author unknown
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
That is a good quote, and so true. It takes great strength to truly forgive, and that's the kind of strength I want to have.
Hey girl, love your new design. I was going to tell you to go to that site because I saw that background and new you would love it!! :D But, alas you beat me to it!!! :D :D
Me too, Shelley.
Yah,Amy, I had seen it, but I decided to do the patriotic one first for the 4th. :) There are several backgrounds I look foward to using from this place. It is sooo easy to change the background too!
That is one of my favorites. I like Christmas Carol Kauffamns books, I have read nearly all of them now.
Christmas Carol Kauffman is one of my favorite authors! Have you read her book "Hidden Rainbow"? It probably ranks as my favorite. :) Of course "For One Moment" is also very good!
I found your blog though a comment that you left on my sisters blog "Under Southren Skies" :)
Sorry that I have not answered your question sooner! No, I have never read any books by George MacDonald. I'm not sure if I've ever heard of him before you mentioned his name. I will have to look up some of his books. Thank you for the comment!! :)
Ahh, yes...ADVENTUROUS! It's been so crazy around here. We continue to seek God's face and follow Him in faith. We will miss you too. Anna is going to miss having so many homeschool friends so close. You all have been a blessing to us~and we still covet your prayers!
Post a Comment