Sunday, April 22, 2007

Piano Recital!
The piano recital for my students went extremely well! They performed so well even I couldn't tell if they were nervous.

^The 7 year old twins Shaelyn and Seth. They are my newest students. I only had them for about a month and a half before this recital! Shaelyn sang so pretty while accompanying herself.



^Brothers Ethan, 8(top) and Noah,10(bottom). They asked their mom to get them these suits especially for recital.


^My very first student Ben, 8. His song, "Knock, Knock Joke" involved knocking on the piano in rhythm to the music. I think he stole the show with it!




^Amanda, 8(?). She and her sister, Lydia,11(?), are my most advanced students. Unfortunately, Lydia fell ill beforehand and could not make it.

"Practice makes perfect" and these students demonstrated this very well!


I must make note that I did this recital with another teacher who had four students of his own. They also did tremendously with their pieces and did their teacher proud. He had the youngest student who is 5 years old and also his little brother.


5 comments:

Kaylene said...

Wow! new colors! Nice!

Your student's DID play very well! First recitals are such a big deal, and for most of your students it was their very first! They handled their nerves so much better than I ever did... don't you know it. (:

Anonymous said...

Good post! And nice new look on your blog! I'm so glad the recital turned out so good. Congradulations on "your" first recital! I'm kinda relieved it's over though, aren't you? It's a completely different feeling when it's your student's recital, vs. your own recital. See ya later!
Mark

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! It must have been a big deal to prepare for and have your first recital:)

Jolynn B said...

Yes...it was a pretty big deal, alright! God got me through it and it turned out to be lots of fun!

Cattlemans Daughter said...

So fun to see the pictures since I was unable to attend. :) All of the students had a great teacher and had NO reason to be nervous! :) So fun to have lunch with you Thursday! Hope you can spend the night this week. Have a blessed day!

Because He Lives!