Friday, May 12, 2006
What do you all think of the DaVinci Code? I think it is terrible, but what can we expect from the world? Satan has found a "good" one this time, but God will ever prevail. Are any of you in the process of reading one of the books that have come out against the DaVinci Code? I would like to read one, but I think that there are several and I don't know which one is best. You never know when we will need to be ready with an answer. The fact that some Christians are actually even considering that there might be some truth to this blasphemous work is heart wrenching. That will make it all the more a stumbling block for new beleivers in Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
cool Jolynn... I think that Doug Phillips has done some stuff on speaking on that.... I haven't studied it much myself... but as I read this morning in my bible study i am doing... God will never prove himself totally... because our belief in him is based on faith... and if there is total proof... what faith is needed... its fact.... it talks about this in Hebrews 11:3
"By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible."
good thoughts.. though,
Kal
Hey Jolynn, I would say welcome to the world of bloggers...but I really don't stand in the position to say welcome to our world...just congratulations in joining "them". Maybe I'll eventually follow.
I've enjoyed the five minute peeks I've taken at you site but haven't stopped to comment...because I have basically been living in a daze. Although I found the absence of school to be wonderful, I have also found that spending a week of nights in the hospital (doing paramedic clinicals)is somewhat tiring. I am now doing daytime clinicals this week and its a lot more pleasant.
What do I think of the DaVinci Code? Although I'm tempted to play around with you on this, I'm trying very hard to remain serious on the internet so I'll give it to you strait. I think that its nonsense and the claims it makes crumble under the evidence of history and dependable historical documents. I watched a video (can't remember the author but can get it for you it you want) that easily dismantled his evidence to the point that the book's claims are a joke. I don't know what Dan Brown's original intentions were, but I understand that he is now claiming it to be nothing more than entertaining novel. Regardless, I believe that he had intentions of taking a cheap shot at the truth. Will his approach work? I don't think so. His claims are so far off in left field that I personally think that only a very few weak minded people will be led astray by them....we'll see...and fight for the truth in the meantime.
You both have good thoughts. I agree, Kallie, about God not completely proving Himself. John 20:26- Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." Even if we could Fathom the proof many would still not believe. Especially the evolutionist scientist who do know much "proof" but are to proud and/or greedy to admit it. I do think God uses "proof" for some people who need the little "extra" like Thomas.
Thank you, Daniel, for remaining serious on this topic. While some things call for lightening up, this and other subjects do not.:7 I agree with your points also. I am also quite certain that the author was looking to cause trouble. I do pray that this will soon pass and and leave no scar on the church.
Post a Comment